GenAIz is an innovation accelerator designed specifically for life science organizations; providing insights, ideas and recommendations that advance existing projects and identify untapped opportunities.
GenAIz (the "Company", "we", "our" or "us"), values your privacy. In this GenAIz Website Privacy Statement ("Privacy Statement"), GenAIz and its affiliates and subsidiaries ("GenAIz", "we", "us", "our") describes the collection, use, sharing and other processing of information and data ("Personal Data") pertaining to individual users ("you", "your") of all GenAIz websites including https://www.genaiz.com all associated sub-domains (the "Sites") and your rights and choices regarding our processing of such Personal Data. We also inform about how you can access and exercise your rights and how to update your information.
This privacy statement herein complies with EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of April 27, 2016 (“GDPR”) and the relevant national legislation of the EU Member States implementing the GDPR (together the “Regulations”).
If you submit your personal data to GenAIz (irrespective of the manner or form), you agree to the terms of this Policy and to its processing in accordance with the Regulations.
1. Processing Activities Covered
- your registration of a user account on the Sites (e.g., "GenAIz demo request"),
- your signing up for newsletters on the Sites,
- your registration for an event or webinar through the Sites,
- your provision of Personal Data to us by entering information in any other data entry fields or web form embedded in the Sites (e.g., "Request for Information),
- your download of content made available via the Sites,
- the collection and analysis of Personal Data regarding your use of the Sites, and
- communications between you and us based on your interaction with the Sites.
Links to third-party websites on the Site are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the Site. GenAIz has not reviewed all of these third-party websites and does not control and is not responsible for any of these websites, their content or their privacy policies. Thus, GenAIz does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked on this Site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
2. What Personal Data Do We Collect?
The Personal Data that we collect from or about you may particularly include the following:
- If you express an interest in obtaining additional information about our services, request customer support, use our "Contact Us" or similar features, register for a user account on the Site, sign up for a newsletter, an event or a webinar, or download certain content, we generally require you to provide us with your contact information, such as your name, job title, company name, address, phone number, email address, or username and password;
- If you use and interact with the Site, we automatically collect log files and other information about your device and your usage of the Site through cookies, web beacons or similar technologies, such as IP-addresses or other identifiers.
- Customer relationship information such as customer requests, feedback or other information you provide, such as reporting a problem with our website; and
- Information contained in any communication you send to us, such as correspondence data may include
In order to recruit potential job candidates, we may also collect:
- resume information, such as your employment history, clients lists, academic history and transcripts;
- cover letter information, such as your skills, personal life experience and work experience; and
- remuneration information, such as previous or expected salary, benefits and bonuses.
Your use of the Site and your provision of Personal Data to us in the process is purely voluntary on your part. Subject to your sole discretion, you can, at any point, cease use of the Site or, where applicable, opt out of certain data processing operations while using the site.
3. Why do we collect Personal Information
We collect and otherwise process your Personal Information to enable us to provide, manage and develop our business and operations, including:
- operating the site to process your personal data to the extent required to operate and administer the Site and provide you with content you access and request.
- to establish, maintain and manage relations with you so that we may provide you with the products and services that have been requested (for example, we will use your Personal Information to determine your suitability for a position);
- promote security of the site. We process your Personal Data by monitoring your use of the Site, verifying accounts, and by investigating suspicious activity, in order to promote the safety and security of the systems and applications used for the Site.
- Handling contact and user support requests. If you fill out a “Contact Me” web form, request a demo or customer/user support, or if you contact us by other means through the Site, we process your Personal Data in order to respond to your request and communicate with you.
- sending marketing communications. Subject to applicable legal requirements, we may process your Personal Data to send you marketing information, product recommendations, information about our promotions or events, and other non-transactional communications about us and our partners via email, SMS push notifications or other means of communication.
- to inform you of services other than those you have specifically requested such as information promoting our other services;
- to understand your qualifications, needs and preferences, in the case of a job applicant; as well as, process and respond to your application for current and future career opportunities;
- to comply with your requests (for example, if you prefer to be contacted at a business or residential phone number and advise us of your preference, we will use this information for that purpose);
- to protect us against error, fraud, theft and damage to our property and goods, including developing and improving the Site. We may process your Personal Data to analyze trends and track your usage of the Site in order to further develop and improve the Site and provide our users with a more pleasant online experience;
- to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements; and
- as otherwise permitted by law.
4. How do we protect the Personal Information?
The Company is committed to maintaining all reasonable physical, technical and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure, whether electronically or on paper.
For example, our electronic files are protected by passwords and are accessible only to authorized employees who need it to carry out their respective duties. In addition, the information is kept safely in filing cabinets and protected against unauthorized access. However, we cannot guarantee that our security measures can prevent third parties (“hackers”) from obtaining and accessing the Personal Information we keep.
International data transfers: GenAIz may have website visitors from jurisdictions located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Countries located outside the EEA may have data protection laws which do not provide the same level of protection for personal data as within the EEA. GenAIz utilizes standard means under the Regulations to legitimize data transfers outside the EEA.
5. Who Do We Share Your Personal Data With?
Further to the foregoing uses, your Personal Information may also be shared with the Company’ employees, agents, representatives, and selected third-party vendors and service providers in Canada and the United States (“US”) who require this information to perform services on our behalf in connection with hosting or the operation of our Website, or to facilitate tasks such as customer support, or marketing and analytics. These parties will be obliged to the Company to use reasonable care to keep this information confidential and are prohibited from using your Personal Information for any purpose other than in connection with the service they provide to us.
The Company reserves the right to transfer your Personal Information to a third party in the event of a transfer of all or substantially all of its assets to a third party (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) or as part of a corporate reorganization or change in corporate control.
The Company and our Canadian and American service providers may disclose your Personal Information without your consent if compelled to do so by a court or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information or by regulatory requirements, to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian or US law. We may also disclose Personal Information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons and property.
6. Cookies, Analytics and Similar Tracking Technologies
In general, you can visit our Website without telling us who you are or submitting any Personal Information. We may collect information that does not identify you personally, but is linked to your computer or device (“Device Identifiable Information”). We collect Device Identifiable Information from you in the normal course of operating our Website. When you visit our Website to browse, read or download information, we collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We may also collect information about your mobile device such as the type and model, operating system (e.g. iOS or Android), carrier name, mobile browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari), applications using our Website, and identifiers assigned to your device, such as its iOS Identifier for Advertising (IDFA), Android Advertising ID (AAID), or unique device identifier (a number uniquely given to your device by your device manufacturer), sometimes referred to as a mobile carrier ID.
7. Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time by posting an updated version on the Site to reflect changes in our practices, technology, legal requirements or other factors. If we do, we will update the “effective date” at the top of this Privacy Statement.
We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to stay informed about our collection, processing and sharing of your Personal Data.
8. Contact Information
If you have questions regarding this Privacy Statement, our data processing operations, or to access, update, object or correct inaccuracies, please contact our head office.
GenAIz Head Office
50 rue Queen, Suite 102
Montreal, QC, H3C 2N5